A New way to
Kerplantz is the new service from Field
that is making plant buying easy
The Spring Plant Sale is June 4th
– Pre Ordering is now open!
You would love to redo the perennial planting beds around your house but your enthusiasm grounds to a halt as you stare dumb-founded in the garden center aisle, stressing over which plants to pick.
Let Field help! With over 16 years designing and installing landscapes we know the best plants to plant and now we can deliver them too!
We custom grow these plants – the absolute most reliable plants – in small containers that make them super easy to plant. We have both a variety individual plants and our “Field Fillers”. Our Field Fillers are sets of plants (one for shade, one for sun) that are great generalists and high vigor plants. We have selected the plants in each set to help make it easy to “stop mulching and start planting”.
Buying Plants differently,
and thinking about it diferently,
Planting plants is one of the most important things you can do for our planet. If we could take 10% of the lawn areas but make it manageable and dense, we would make a huge difference to our world. To make this manageable, we have the Kerplantz service that builds on the strategies and experience of our work at Field. With Kerplantz, we make planting plants easier and more rewarding!
how to use Kerplantz
It’s a simple do-it-yourself process that builds on Field’s tried & true methods & quality plants.
- First gather some basic information: Measure the areas you want to plant and determine is each area more sun or shade?
- For every 10 sq ft you will need 1 “Baker’s Dozen” Sun or Shade Filler (13 plants). Filler packages are also available in 25 & 50 plant quantities so you can easily scale up to cover larger spaces.
- Add in 1-2 taller individual perennials for each Filler package you buy. This allows you to add a little variety in height & dimension to your mix.
- Consider adding a tree or shrub to your planting plan. They can really help anchor the space as well as add year round seasonal interest.
Questions? Need help planning or ordering – email us here.